Re: 23.0.60; Defaut encoding for XML files should be undefined (instead

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; Defaut encoding for XML files should be undefined (instead of utf-8)
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 16:19:17 +0900

>  > I think maybe you misunderstood my proposal.
>
> I missed the detail that you planned to hamstring
> `prefer-coding-system', yes.  That's really minor though, in view of
> the fundamental disagreement.

"Hamstring `prefer-coding-system'"?

I proposed _adding_ some functionality that _uses_ prefer-coding-system
(or more likely, uses whatever underlying mechanism prefer-coding-system
uses).  No functionality would be removed.  How on earth is that
"hamstringing"?

Yeesh.

-Miles

--
Any man who is a triangle, has thee right, when in Cartesian Space, to
have angles, which when summed, come to know more, nor no less, than