Re: Default font 'default have no corresponding variable

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Default font 'default have no corresponding variable
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 06:59:33 -0500

    Maybe I got this wrong, I thought that there usually were a variable
    with the same name as the face and that the variable value was the face
    symbol. But maybe that is just used for faces defined specific uses in
    emacs libraries?

Maybe we should work harder to document the fact that we do not want
such variables.  Where would such info have reached you better?

How about if we put comments in and among the variable definitions in
font-lock.el saying not to imitate that practice.