Re: Enabling Transient Mark Mode by default

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Enabling Transient Mark Mode by default
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 22:44:23 +0100

Stefan Monnier wrote:
The issue of the mark being active when you don't want it, is
particularly acute for people who push marks for navigation purposes.
Maybe we could make C-SPC C-SPC in tmm push the mark and deactivate it.
That might be sufficient for those people who occasionally push marks
for navigation.  For those who do it often, the best is for them to turn
off transient-mark-mode.

I am still trying to grasp the problem. Apart from the region to act with CUA keys like in all main applications I use today I would expect

* operations on the region should only happen when the region is visible

However this seems to interfere with the definition of the mark as active/inactive. Is this necessary?