Re: Wrong window end reported after splitting window

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Wrong window end reported after splitting window
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 03:08:55 +0100

On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 11:36 PM, martin rudalics <address@hidden> wrote:

>  What would be the purpose of making a hook buffer-local if not running
>  it for the current buffer only?

Being local is about which hook functions are set for a certain buffer
and which ones are not; not about when the hook is run (which depends
on the hook).

>  I suppose what you want is to investigate all affected windows when the
>  corresponding configuration changes.  This means we'd have to change
>  `delete-window', `enlarge-window', `shrink-window',
>  `adjust-window-trailing-edge' and `set-window-configuration' as to walk
>  all windows on the frame, check whether one of the associated buffers
>  has a non-nil local value for `window-configuration-change-hook', and
>  run that hook (in addition to a global hook).

That's the behavior I expected, yes.

>  BTW, did you try how `window-size-change-functions' behaves in this
>  regard?

No. The test case was from Markus, but I've just checked in a fix by
him to the problem with linum.el.

             Juanma