Re: legal status of progmodes/sym-comp.el

From: Dave Love
Subject: Re: legal status of progmodes/sym-comp.el
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 00:14:05 +0000

Glenn Morris <address@hidden> writes:

> rms actively wants your python.el fixes.

Perhaps you misunderstand.  I haven't made fixes to the version in Emacs
(which I haven't tried to understand), just maintained the original
code.  It at least doesn't have the bad changes, such as apparently
breaking inferior execution in a fundamental way.  I merely fixed it
recently to account for the last regressions I could find from Emacs 22,
and synched it with the one I use in Emacs 21.

Using the differences between the versions is equivalent to copying
mine.

> I know of no reason why you
> shouldn't just be maintaining python.el in CVS yourself, unless you
> don't want to.

For a start, my CVS access was chopped some time ago.