Re: new version of the proposed emacs icons

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: new version of the proposed emacs icons
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 19:49:36 +0000

Dan Nicolaescu wrote:
I have finally received the complete set of formats for the new icon and
installed it.

The 32x32 icon only has 1 bit transparency, while all other sizes have 8 bit alpha channels. As that is the default size on Windows XP, the Emacs icon looks ugly next to other modern icons.

Also, the Windows icon needs lower depth versions for older versions of Windows. The previous icon had 24 bit color, 8 bit transparency and 8 bit color 1 bit transparency versions of 48x48, 32x32 and 16x16. I wouldn't bother with a lower depth version of the 256x256 version of the new icon though.