Re: MAINTAINERS file

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: MAINTAINERS file
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 17:22:15 +0000

Karl Fogel <address@hidden> writes:

> "Juanma Barranquero" <address@hidden> writes:
>> On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 1:55 PM, Romain Francoise <address@hidden> wrote:
>>>  Do you see the SCM switch (to bzr) happening before or after 23.1?
>>
>> And, it is decided then that it *will* be to Bazaar?
>
> Please, yes :-).  Stefan's right, it doesn't really matter, any of the
> distributed VCSs will be good for the Emacs team.
>
> http://bazaar-vcs.org/ for more information.
>
> We are not likely to regret it, and if we do, we can always try
> something else.

Many of you might know org-mode, which is part of Emacs:

  http://orgmode.org

Since there were many contributions around the core org.el file, we
switched to git a month ago and we don't regret it.

You can have a look at the git repository here:

  http://repo.or.cz/w/org-mode.git

We are still stabilizing some conventions about what goes where and who
does what, but the overall feeling is that the main developer (Carsten
Dominik) can rely on more people to help him.

--
Bastien