Re: EasyPG API and usage questions

From: Daiki Ueno
Subject: Re: EasyPG API and usage questions
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 15:31:17 +0900

DU> What feature do you want in addition to this?

> Just the choice of cipher, and a way to limit the epa-file-enable effect
> to the insert only (pending discussion above).

I think that it would not be too late to implement these features until
someone else really wants them.  The former is not even provided by
GPGME, GPA, etc., and I doubt the usefulness of the latter since other
file-name-handlers (jka-compr-handler and image-file-handler) don't
support it.  Do you have reasonable criteria to make an exception in
favor of epa-file-handler?

> I think specifying symmetric encryption at the epa-file level would be
> nice too.

No, epa-file already supports this.  You have never used epa-file,
have you?  It interactively asks you which encryption to use.

DU> If all the custom-options should be documented in texi, I will do it.

> If epa-file.el is a base Emacs feature, it should be documented so a
> beginner can get started with it.

Ok, I'll do.

Regards,
--