Re: position on changing defaults?

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: position on changing defaults?
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2008 23:51:03 +0200

> I don't buy that "power user" argument.  It is not dissimilar to the UI
> that you get nowadays when typing a URL in a browser.  Users seem to do
> just fine with that.  Maybe it's time to reconsider what a user knows
> and does not know nowadays.

When you type a URL in a browser, you get a pull-down list of matches.
In Emacs, an analogy to this is displaying the *Completions* buffer.
I'm sure Drew will say how Icicles is superior to this.  Yes, it is
powerful, but like suggested packages radically changes the default
behavior that most Emacs users are accustomed to.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/