Re: incomplete comment colorization in terminals

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: incomplete comment colorization in terminals
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 01:34:58 -0700

Nick Roberts <address@hidden> writes:

  >  >   >  >   > I tried that in `font-lock-comment-face', and it is ok,
  >  >   >  >
  >  >   >  > In that case, please let's go with that solution, it is the lower
  >  >   >  > complexity solution, and less surprising for the user.  We have
  >  >   >  > gotten a few bug reports from users that were confused by this
(it is
  >  >   >  > not immediately intuitive).
  >  >   >
  >  >   > I feel that you're using journalistic techniques to steam roller
through
  >  >   > your wishes.  Let's look at the full quote:
  >  >   >
  >  >   >        I tried that in `font-lock-comment-face', and it is ok, but
  >  >   >        having the text in white is clearer and easier to read.
  >  >   >
  >  >   > I think it conveys quite a different impression.
  >  >   >
  >  >   > All these stylistic changes that you are making are probably not
worth
  >  >   > arguing about but I think you should look for some real agreement
that
  >  >   > they are an improvement before making them.
  >  >
  >  > Do you have a point here? It's unclear what you are trying to say.
  >
  > I just think that you are only listening to the parts that you want to
  > hear.  Maybe that's why my message is unclear to you.

OK, I wanted to make sure that you were not trying to make a technical
point, just to attack.

Your behavior is out of line, please keep it off the list and out of my
mailbox too.

Yes, it is customary not quote too much when replying to a message.  In
this case the issue is not that complicated to not remember the whole
context, and don't worry RMS understands perfectly what it is.  And I
hope he gets what I am trying to say too.  We were just having a
technical discussion, as we've have many in the past.
Not sure what exactly you are trying to obtain here, but doing it this
way is not the best.