Re: Honoring traditional defaults [was: Transient Mark Mode on bydefault

From: paul r
Subject: Re: Honoring traditional defaults [was: Transient Mark Mode on bydefault]
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 00:29:42 +0100

2008/3/24, Drew Adams <address@hidden>:

>  WDOT?

To me, any "oldie" irritated by a change in default settings can go in
its .emacs and revert to previous behaviour in a matter of seconds.
I'm again under the impression that this idea provides convenience to
experienced users that do not really need it. Newbies need default
settings that encourage them to carry on, this is the real challenge I
think.