Re: Word search

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Word search
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 23:48:14 +0200

>> FYI, unfortunately I was never able to have word search work properly.
>> For instance, when I try word search in the *info* node "Word search"
>> and I type "C-s C-w" then I type "the words" (all of these things
>> without double quotes) and then I type " ", I would expect to find
>> the first occurrence at the end of first line of info node text which is :
>>
>> ---- excerpt from info node Word Search --------------
>> Word search searches for a sequence of words without regard to how the
>> words are separated. More precisely, you type a string of many words,
>> ---- end of excerpt -------------------------------------
>>
>> Instead of that, I get the following error message :
>> "[(wrong-type-argument integer-or-marker-p t)]" which is displayed in
>> the Minibuffer and has no trace in the *Message* buffer. Is that normal
>
> I get this error with emacs -Q, but not when I execute the following three
> lines:
>
> (require 'cedet)
> (semantic-load-enable-minimum-features)
> (global-semantic-idle-summary-mode 1)
>
> So something in the mess of macros and hooks that implements
> global-semantic-idle-summary-mode seems to be fixing the problem.

I have seen reports about `semantic' blocking isearch in Info because
it overwrites isearch functions with its own.  Even though it seems not
the problem reported by OP, I think we should find a way to avoid a
problem of conflicts between packages that redefine isearch functions.

But maybe there is no problem at all, if `semantic' doesn't really need
to change isearch functions in Info.  Then there is a bug in `semantic'
if it does this unintentionally.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/