Re: Assertion failes in w32uniscribe.c

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Assertion failes in w32uniscribe.c
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 12:37:25 +0200

On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 3:42 PM, Jason Rumney <address@hidden> wrote:

>  C-v in a buffer viewing etc/NEWS is near instantaneous for me, so I think
> you'll need to debug why it is taking so long on your machine.

I'm not talking about C-v. I'm talking about scrolling one line at a time.

I use this in my .emacs

(setq scroll-preserve-screen-position 'always
      scroll-conservatively most-positive-fixnum
      scroll-step 0)

because I *hate* recentering during scroll.

If you try the above setup with and without the new backend, you'll
see the difference, I think.

   Juanma