Re: Tab bar

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Tab bar
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 23:47:15 +0200

David De La Harpe Golden wrote:
Lennart Borgman (gmail) wrote:
Andrew W. Nosenko wrote:
On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 7:04 PM, Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> wrote:
Paul R <address@hidden> writes:

  > "Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <address@hidden> writes:
  > > (...). What does Firefox do on GNU/Linux?
  > C-PageUp , C-PageDown.

 C-TAB,  C-S-TAB work just fine in Firefox.

But not under Galeon or Epiphany.  They use C-PageUp and C-PageDown
What is Galeon and Epiphany?

Web browsers* in the Gtk+/GNOME camp, GNOMEfied Mozilla Gecko
(i.e. like firefox) engine. Though apparently Epiphany
are moving to a WebKit engine (i.e. Like safari) (which is funny, given
WebKit started as a fork of KDE's Khtml engine...)

*Epiphany started as a fork of Galeon.

Thanks David.

I can't understand this. Why are they fighting a (rather) well established standard on w32 instead of using it to their favor to get new users?

Our problem here is of course a bit different. Emacs is a big keyboard short cut eater.