Re: binding c-h in isearch

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: binding c-h in isearch
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 11:28:12 -0400

> It is difficult to remmeber all nice features of isearch.
> Would it be possible to bind c-h to isearch-mode-help in isearch?

There's the following code in isearch.el:

    ;; Turned off because I find I expect to get the global definition--rms.
    ;; ;; Instead bind C-h to special help command for isearch-mode.
    ;; (define-key map "\C-h" 'isearch-mode-help)

So it seems that Richard found it inconvenient.  Could someone try and
work out some clever way to reconcile the two functionalities?

E.g. provide the generic help on C-h but the isearch-specific help on
C-h C-h, or vice versa?

        Stefan