Re: 23.0.60; pcvs cvs-query-directory changed behavior

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; pcvs cvs-query-directory changed behavior
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 13:52:12 -0400

> cvs-query-directory now requires a prefix command for not reusing the
> current directory in a cvs buffer.  Before it was always asking for a
> directory, defaulting to the current one.  I found that behavior better
> than the new one.

IIUC this behavior has been around since at least Emacs-21 (i.e. since
before PCL-CVS was integrated in Emacs).

I'm not sure an option is worth the trouble.
If you always want the prompt, then always use C-u.

But maybe if you explained your use-case, I could offer an alternative.
E.g. with which command do you see this problem?  cvs-update?
cvs-quickdir? ...?  For what it's worth, I *never* go through this
prompt: I always first open a *cvs* buffer via C-u C-x C-f .../CVS/ RET
(actually, without the C-u, because I changed `cvs-dired-use-hook') and
then do all the operations inside the *cvs* buffer.

        Stefan