backup files for files under VC

From: Torsten Bronger
Subject: backup files for files under VC
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 09:57:49 +0200

Hallöchen!

Emacs does not create backup files for files covered by version
control.  I find this default unfortunate and request to change it
because the VCS only stores the last commit.

Especially with DVCS'es becoming increasingly popular with a lot of
branching and merging, these backup files can become very valuable.
(Well, yesterday they would have for me.  ;-)

Additionally, DVCS'es don't store last-commit files in the local
directory (in contrast to SVN or CVS) so that cluppering up is not
an issue either.

Tschö,
Torsten.

                                      Jabber ID: address@hidden