Re: Maintenance suggestion on an emacs mode

From: Paul R
Subject: Re: Maintenance suggestion on an emacs mode
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 22:53:05 +0200

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> * Paul R. (2008-04-21) writes:
>
>>> ,---- RefTex :
>>>
>>> Those bindings are not activated by default, in this sens they are
>>> much like those of modula2 and html-mode. Should they be changed in
>>> the same way ?
>>
>> This patch change them.
> (...)
> Please don't change those.  There are already bindings for them (except
> for the last two) in place.  Setting `reftex-extra-bindings' really is
> only there to spare users the hassle of defining bindings in the user
> space themselves.

I have no particular position on that. It is in a move to clean up
sources from C-c[a-Z] bindings.
As far as this particular modification is concerned, I think it is
acceptable because the user before had to do :
  (setq reftex-extra-bindings t)
to have them automatically bound to C-c, and now she would have to do
  (setq reftex-extra-bindings t)
  (setq reftex-extra-bindings-prefix "\C-c")
for the same effect. Not that much hassle added, and more
Info-compliant. But again, I won't push it, so please feel free to
argue against this change.

--
      Paul