Re: Proposal: diff-remove-trailing-blanks

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Proposal: diff-remove-trailing-blanks
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 00:07:27 +0200

Vinicius Jose Latorre <address@hidden> writes:

>>> What relevant things would you like to see (or to be done) in a diff buffer?
>>>

>> Here, we are interested on parts of the buffer, we don't care much about
>> trailing whitespace out of the diff part that shows changed lines. That
>> is, we are not interested on trailing whitespace on context lines, nor
>> on those that are artifacts of diff-mode.
>>

> Hummm, I'm confused, the original mail said:
>
>  "When on a buffer that contains a diff, inspects the
> differences and removes trailing whitespace (spaces, tabs) from
> the lines modified or introduced by this diff. Shows a message
> with the name of the altered buffers, which are unsaved.  If a
> file referenced on the diff has no buffer and needs to be fixed,
> a buffer visiting that file is created."
>

> So, I thought it was to remove trailing whitespaces from a diff buffer.

The "removing" part is accomplished by my function. We are discussing
the "displaying" part, which shows to the user that there is trailing
whitespace to be removed.

But I'm afraid I confused things out relating `show-trailing-whitespace'
to whitespace-mode'.

> What are the relevant parts of the buffer?

Those that correspond to added or modified lines in the diff.

--
Oscar