Re: utf-8 elisp problem

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: utf-8 elisp problem
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 20:53:11 +0200

Stefan Monnier wrote:
Thanks mike, that made it clear that this problem is over my
head. I am not sure if this is a bug or not.  I am sending this on
Emacs devel where I am sure there a people who understand this better
than me.

The file uses non-ascii chars without specifying which encoding is used,
so the result depends on the user's environment.

Thanks Stefan.

Mike, could you please try the attached file where I believe I have specified the coding correctly?

Would it be good to specify coding systems in all elisp files?
(defvar utf8-problem

;; Local Variables:
;; coding: utf-8
;; End: