Re: patch for optional inhibit of delete-other-windows(IDE feature)

From: joakim
Subject: Re: patch for optional inhibit of delete-other-windows(IDE feature)
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 07:57:30 +0200

Richard M Stallman <address@hidden> writes:

>     - set "pin" to t, and the window will not go away on delete-other-winows
>
> The name `pin' does not seem to relate to the meaning.  Would you
> please pick a name that indicates what this does?

I chose "pin" because in some gui toolkits there is a widget that looks
like a little needle/pin that you can use to "fasten" the window and not
go away on certain operations.

I dont have a better name than pin right now, can someone think one up?

>     - set "group" to something, and all windows with the same value will be
>     considered in the same window group, which affects other-window for
>     instance.
>
> How does this affect other-window?

c-x o only jumps between other windows with the same group id.

The main attraction of this is that it is possible to have a number of
context windows, and an edit area. Its not normaly interesting to select
one of the context windows, only windows in the edit area.

--
Joakim Verona