Re: Carbon port and multi-tty

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Carbon port and multi-tty
Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 15:53:26 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> From: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
>> Cc: address@hidden
>> Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 12:51:36 +0200
>>
>> As an example: I seem to remember that you gave the MSDOS port a
>> text-mode CUA-like menu behavior and look, whereas this does not hold
>> true for text-mode on other operating systems (where tmm-mode is
>> almost universally despised).
>
> You have your history backwards:

That may well be.

> I'm sorry I no longer have time to port the menus to the text-mode
> terminal, but we don't always control what happens in our lives.  I'm
> even more sorry that I cannot finish the bidi iterator for Emacs
> display engine: I think it's much more important than text-mode menus.

I very much agree.

> Anyway, I hope this wasn't just about my personal contribution, but
> about being kinder and more cooperative, even if you don't always get
> the same measure in response.

It certainly was not supposed to be a complaint about your personal
contribution at all and I am sorry if it came across as such: we
certainly have had enough in the line of "you should be doing this and
that" recently.  I just wanted to give sort of a hands-on example of my
stance.  It may not have been the best idea to pick that.

--
David Kastrup