Re: Next release

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Next release
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 04:34:13 +0200

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 8:28 PM, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:

>  I've just installed a change in tool-bar.el which delays the call to
>  find-image.  Instead of being called in tool-bar-setup, it's now called
>  when looking up the tool-bar keymap.

Thanks!

>  This probably won't fix the problem right away (after all, the toolbar
>  is displayed before reading the .emacs, so the tool-bar filter will be
>  triggered (and will call find-image) before the .emacs is read).

Funnily enough, it *does* fix it. With a simple .emacs with

;;; .emacs
(let ((xpm (assq 'xpm image-library-alist)))
         (setcdr xpm (cons "my-xpm.dll" (cdr xpm))))
;;; end

I get this:

C:\test> runemacs
C:\test> listdlls emacs.exe | grep -i xpm
  0x20800000  0x7e000                   C:\emacs\libs\my-xpm.dll

C:\test> runemacs -q
C:\test> listdlls emacs.exe | grep -i xpm
  0x20800000  0x7e000                   C:\emacs\libs\libxpm.dll

>  I'm curious: if Emacs-22 on W32 only loads the
>  image libraries after the .emacs, does that mean that it doesn't display
>  the tool-bar while loading the .emacs?

Eli has answered that, but if you add

(message-box "Not yet finished")

to the end of .emacs, the tool bar is not visible until *after* you
dismiss the message.

 Juanma