RE: :file keyword for Customize

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: RE: :file keyword for Customize
Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 15:43:27 +0900

Drew Adams writes:
 > >  > This is about letting an individual option or face (or
 > >  > perhaps group) decide where it is stored
 > >
 > > I think this is a YAGNI, and likely to lead to a plethora of confusing
 > > custom files which appear at random times (ie, when you first save a
 > > customization for a variable that targets that file).
 >
 > OK, so you think that. Care to give a reason or two?

YAGNI?  The proponent says he doesn't really have a use case in
<address@hidden>.  That's a slam dunk.

 > Why is throwing everything into the same sack better?

That's not what I said.  I said that the files appear at random times,
implying that that is what would be confusing.

 > I grant you that at least one knows which sack everything is in, if
 > there is only one sack.

That is another good reason.

 > But beyond that?

Sorry, you only get three wishes per magic lamp.  I'm not going to play.