Re: 23.0.60; tool bar icons missing or executing wrong commands

From: Sebastian P. Luque
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; tool bar icons missing or executing wrong commands
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 07:55:15 -0500

On Mon, 12 May 2008 12:32:13 +0200,
Reiner Steib <address@hidden> wrote:

[...]

> With current Emacs CVS trunk, started with -Q, I don't get all tool
> bar buttons, but only the icons corresponding to `cut' `copy',
> `customize' and `help'.  Additionally *all* icon but `copy' display
> the tool tip `Pop up the Help menu' and `<f1> k' shows:

> ,----[ <f1> k ... ]
>> <tool-bar> <help> runs the command #[nil "\301^H!\207"
>> [menu-bar-help-menu popup-menu] 2 nil nil], which is an interactive
>> compiled Lisp function.
>>
>> (anonymous)
>>
>> Not documented.
> `----

> Here's a screen shot:

[...]

Yes, my report should have included all these additional problems, which
I also see in my system.

> Probably caused by the same bug, the tool bars in Gnus Summary buffers
> are completely empty.  This has been reported by "Sebastian P. Luque"
> <address@hidden> on gnu.emacs.gnus; I can reproduce this here.
> <http://thread.gmane.org/address@hidden>
> Sebastian, you wrote "This problem was not there in the previous
> snapshot".  Could you tell us the date of the previous snapshot?

In fact, it was the one before the previous snapshot (a bug in the
latter made me skip it).  The snapshot where the tool bar was functional
was built on Wed, 16 Apr 2008 19:19:27 +0200 (this time stamp comes from
changelog.Debian.gz in the emacs-snapshot-common Debian package²).

+---- *Footnotes* ----+
² http://emacs.orebokech.com

--
Seb