Re: Memory leak

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: Memory leak
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 09:38:47 +0900

> We have a pretty serious memory leak.  My Emacs session recently
> died with a memory full situation (the process was around 500MB
> VSZ).  So I took a look around and it seem that every time I create
> a new frame, my Emacs session grows by around 10MB and deleting the
> frame does not recover this memory.  This memory is not accounted
> for by the counts returned by `garbage-collect'.

One thing I'm concerned about is the removal of `ftfont_free_entity'.
Actually, the `leaks' command on Mac OS X shows that several resources
allocated at ftfont_pattern_entity are leaking.

And some minor nitpicking: In xftfont_open, font->pixel_size and
font->driver are set twice (and to different values for
font->pixel_size).

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden