Symbol's value as variable is void: selection-coding-system

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Symbol's value as variable is void: selection-coding-system
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 19:49:58 -0400

If I do `C-h C RET' I get that error, and doing describe-variable on
`selection-coding-system' gives:

   selection-coding-system is a variable defined in `C source code'.
   It is void as a variable.

Clicking on the `C source code' link results in an error: Search failed:
"Vselection-coding-system "

I see that selection-coding-system _is_ defined, using defcustom, in
lisp/select.el, and was removed from C code on 2008-02-01, but something
apparently still thinks it's defined in C code...

Emacs is from CVS trunk, checked out about an hour ago, compiled with
"make bootstrap".

-Miles

--
Cat, n. A soft, indestructible automaton provided by nature to be kicked when
things go wrong in the domestic circle.