Re: CVS emacs on Windows still crashes loading bongo.el

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: CVS emacs on Windows still crashes loading bongo.el
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 21:23:59 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, dhruva <address@hidden> writes:

> I have further isolated the problem to the following call:
> (font-info (face-font 'fringe))

> If you start emacs and evaluate the above expression TWICE (not the
> first time), you will get that crash (call to abort()) in
> font_close_object. The objlist seems to be empty and it does not enter
> the for loop. The following statement is a call to abort and hence, it
> had to enter the loop. I am currently trying to understand the data
> structures so that I can look deeper into it.

Thank you for finding this bug.  I've just installed a fix.
Even if Ffont_info opens a font, it should not close the
font because it's still kept in OBJLIST of font-entity, and
may be used by some other place.

BTW, it seems that the current code has a bug in releasing a
font-object.  I'll investigate it.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden