Re: Gnu Emacs and Vista ASLR feature

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Gnu Emacs and Vista ASLR feature
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 20:47:17 +0300

> Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 11:26:08 +0100
> From: Jason Rumney <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> Fabrice Popineau wrote:

Hello, Fabrice!  Long time no spoken.  Welcome to GNU Emacs (I think
you used to use XEmacs in the past).

> > I have compiled 23.0.50 using MSVC 2008
>
> Congratulations, you are the first person to have successfully compiled
> and linked Emacs with a version of Microsoft's compiler made in the last
> 5 years.
> I expect your problems may be related to that, as there appear to be
> users running Emacs on Vista (compiled with gcc) without problems.

Even if Fabrice tries and succeeds to use GCC, I think it could be
worthwhile to hear whether he needed to make any changes in Emacs
sources or build scripts to get it compiled with Studio 2008.