Re: Mail that shuld not be sent here

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Mail that shuld not be sent here
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 03:08:42 +0100

Don Armstrong wrote:
On Sat, 31 May 2008, Richard M Stallman wrote:
I am sure that is true, but it makes no sense to make a lot of
people go to this trouble. Sending this mail to bug-gnu-emacs is a
bad default.

It's a good default, but it may be improper for your project.

The wording of the done messages makes it look like the message is intended only for the developer who closed it. Can we change the wording? It should be just the body of the done mail, the developer will indicate in there that they have dealt with the report, so it shouldn't be necessary to add extra text. And the original report can be looked up if someone following the thread does not remember what it was about.