Re: 23.0.60; emacs-report-bug fails silently

From: Florian Beck
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; emacs-report-bug fails silently
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 04:54:14 +0200

Reiner Steib <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sat, May 31 2008, Florian Beck wrote:
>
>> Look, if you think my setup is bizzare, please ignore my report. But
>> I don't think it is.
>
> Me neither, see the sub-thread[1] about this in April on emacs-devel.

Well, /usr/sbin/sendmail indeed *does* exist on my system, although the
sendmail package is not installed. Confusing, isn't it?

>> I installed Ubuntu and used gnus to talk to my pop server.
>
> POP is only for fetching mail, not for sending.

Sorry, to my SMTP server.

Anyway, because the sendmail binary does exist,
message-send-mail-function returns message-send-mail-with-sendmail. So
that would not help.

--
Florian Beck