Re: Font backend: Observations on speed on Windows

From: dhruva
Subject: Re: Font backend: Observations on speed on Windows
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 15:01:45 +0530

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 2:45 PM, Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden> wrote:

> How do I disable anti-aliasing? (This is Windows2K)

Right-Mouse-Click on the desktop screen, go to
"Properties"->"Appearance"->"Effects..." and disable the checkbox
corresponding to "Use the following method to smooth edges of screen
fonts" or select "Standard" (instead of "ClearType".

By doing so, I see a noticeable increase in speed. I am now going to
profile emacs to see the difference.

-dky

--
Contents reflect my personal views only!