Re: Feature freeze postphoned to end-July

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: Feature freeze postphoned to end-July
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 12:00:22 -0400

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
>> Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 17:17:39 -0400
>> Cc: Chong Yidong <address@hidden>, address@hidden
>>
>> Other than the Carbon changes, what would be the main reasons for
>> a 22.3 release?
>
> A few bugfixes, i.e. a more stable 22.x release to fill the gap until
> 23.1 is ready.

I can't remember the last time a crash bug was reported/fixed in the
branch.  The 22.1 release was already pretty darn stable, due to the
long release cycle.  I remember fixing a few crashes and one small
memory leak for 22.2, but that's about it.

I guess the thing to do is to go through the ChangeLogs and draw up a
list of changes made to the branch since 22.2.  Then we can get a better
idea of whether a 22.3 release is warranted.