Re: Yanking isearch to highlight-regexp

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: Yanking isearch to highlight-regexp
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 23:54:50 +0200

>> It would probably also be
>> useful to go directly from an isearch into highlight-regexp. How
>
> You mean in the same way as C-M-% has a special binding in isearch?

Yes.

> I guess that would make a lot of sense, except that highlight-regexp
> doesn't have any keybinding,

Now, I don't even need this feature because I use highlight-regexp
very seldom so I am not arguing, but generally speaking, why is it a
problem if we wanted to add this even though highlight-regexp has no
default keybinding? Is it because having no default keybinding implies
that a command is not very much used (by most users)?