Re: Longlines mode in menu

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: Longlines mode in menu
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 07:48:00 +0100

On 12 Jun 2008, at 20:38, Stefan Monnier wrote:

Things like C-n can be changed to actually move to the next line.
For Aquamacs I have written code that moves to the next (visible) line and
places the cursor as close (horizontally) as possible.  This is  also
relevant when using variable-width fonts.  I'd be more than happy  to
contribute that.

I think this would be a good addition.  In the longer run, we may even
use such as things as the default movement commands, but for a start, we
could put it into a minor-mode.

I have posted code here:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/90861

... but did not get any feedback.
I'm not going to put in further work (i.e. packaging this as stand- alone minor mode) without getting the general OK to do it this way, especially given that there are probably alternative implementations on the C level.

Thanks for your comments