Re: Longlines mode in menu

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Longlines mode in menu
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 21:53:11 +0200

Stefan Monnier wrote:
Thanks. What key bindings do you suggest? Maybe this could be
a minor mode?
It should be either a global minor mode which adds `remap' bindings to
the global map, or a buffer-local minor mode which adds the same remap
bindings but via a minor-mode map.
Maybe something like this? I think it is essential to be able to use the
original move and kill commands too.

Why do you find it essential?

If there are very long lines it is easier to use the original commands. Also, I think sometimes you have the logic of buffer lines in your head.

What about something like

   (define-key map [remap forward-paragraph] 'forward-line)

That hides forward-paragraph. I guess you are thinking of the situation with a buffer consisting of only very long lines, but I think this is not the only situation when you want the original forward-line/next-line.