Re: `C-x n s' binding in org-mode

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: `C-x n s' binding in org-mode
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 04:20:42 -0500

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> Org-mode adds a local binding to the `C-x n' keymap.
>
> This really confused me for a while because I global rebind `C-x n' to
> be something entirely different, so in org-mode, I ended up with a
> keymap containing _only_ the org-mode binding, erasing my personal
> binding.

I thought personal keybindings should rather be of the form `C-c [key]'

> Anyway, this binding seemed pretty dodgy to me; what do others think?

Looks quite natural to me.  The `s' stands for `subtree'.  `C-x n s'
narrows the buffer to the current subtree.

I remember I proposed this feature with a different keybinding -- I
think it was `C-x n h', with `h' for "headline".  But, as usual,
Carsten's proposal didn't take long to convince me.

--
Bastien