Re: Font not defined

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: Font not defined
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 10:29:40 +0000 (UTC)

    > [Evidently, I did not send this late yesterday; at least, it did
    > not appear on emacs-devel.  How do I determine whether I have
    > sent a mail-mode buffer when I have also saved it as a file so
    > it looks as if it has already been sent?

   In vm-mail mode and message-mode, Date and Message-ID headers are
   added by the send function.  This is probably true for other Emacs
   MUAs, too.  You may need to configure the mail mode to show those
   headers, although usually sending modes don't bother to conceal
   headers.

In the regular Emacs mail user agent, neither the *mail* buffer nor
any buffer saved as a file is changed when mail is sent.  The *mail*
buffer becomes saved after you send mail, but a mail buffer saved as a
file is already saved.

Today's GNU Emacs CVS, Sun, 2008 Jun 22   09:45 UTC
GNU Emacs 23.0.60.5 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.9)
started with

     /usr/local/src/emacs/src/emacs -Q -D

Is there any way of determining whether I have sent a mail-mode buffer
when I have also saved it as a file?  I have not found anything about
that in the Emacs manual in  (emacs) Sending Mail.

--
    Robert J. Chassell                          GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8
    address@hidden                         address@hidden