Re: visualization of CVS commits

From: Richard M Stallman
Subject: Re: visualization of CVS commits
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 17:21:19 -0400

    But also, releasing such a media has the potential to reach people
    usually not so much interested (yet ?) in free software and cool text
    editors. And the more of them can watch it, the best for us.

That temptation is why I posted.  We must not set aside important
long-term issues for something less important.

    To be totally honnest, I have no doubt that if we release such a video
    in ogg theora, it will end up in flash on youtube the first day.

That is a big problem, and I have been thinking about how to take
action on the issue.  I'm thinking about making a short video
about this issue to put at the front of all videos we release.