Re: Selecting message moves cursor in summary buffer by 3 lines

From: Katsumi Yamaoka
Subject: Re: Selecting message moves cursor in summary buffer by 3 lines
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 11:40:41 +0900

> Hello,

> Whenever I have a large number of unread messages (20 unrelated,
> unread messages seems to be a critical value) in the summary buffer,
> selecting one article shows the marked article but also moves down the
> cursor by 3 lines, so that pressing space doesn't show the next page
> of the visible article but selects the new article.

Try evaluating this form (type `C-x C-e' at the end of the line):

(setq scroll-margin 0)

If it solves the problem, you seem to have modified it in your
~/.emacs file (the default is `0').  There is a known problem in
Emacs 22 and greater that setting it to a non-zero value causes
Gnus malfunction at least in the summary buffer.  See:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/85300
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/90810