Re: address@hidden: Delivery Notification: Delivery has failed]

From: Don Armstrong
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Delivery Notification: Delivery has failed]
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 22:29:20 -0700

On Sun, 29 Jun 2008, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 11:45:01 -0700
> > From: Don Armstrong <address@hidden>
>
> I didn't say rewrite the original fields. But you could have used
> some X-something header, like everybody else does.

X-* headers are non-standard, and using them to do anything not
application-specific is broken.

> > Anything that uses them to produce replies is just broken, and
> > should be fixed.
>
> There are probably a gazillion broken MUAs out there.

Sure, but that's their user's and developer's problem, not mine.

I'm willing to work around broken MUAs when I can do so, but I won't
do it at the expense of non-broken MUAs which follow the appropriate
RFCs. Lots of MUAs are capable of showing the information in Resent-*:
correctly, and utilizing it properly.

Don Armstrong

--
She was alot like starbucks.