Re: adding consistent extra symbols to input methods (cyrillic-*, croati

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: adding consistent extra symbols to input methods (cyrillic-*, croatian-*, slov*, czech-* etc.) input methods
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 14:42:49 -0500

On Mon, 07 Jul 2008 14:25:02 +0900 Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> wrote:

KH> In article <address@hidden>, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
>> > I remember that activating multiple input methods was
>> > discussed a while ago on this list, but don't remember the
>> > conclusion.

>> :-(  My memory was telling me that you had implemented and installed
>> it already.

KH> Ah!!!  Now I remembered that I wrote a experimental code in
KH> a little bit tricky way.  I dig out the attached mail.  But,
KH> I completely forgot about it because there was no response
KH> at that time.

If this can go into the trunk, I'll be glad to use it (my changes will
then be unnecessary).  The only caution is that universal sequences are
not always intuitive; a good example is that I put "/ab" for paragraph
because that makes sense in Bulgarian ("абзац" means paragraph,
pronounced "abzatz").  So it would be nice to have a universal input
method plus custom rules at the intermediate level (e.g. cyrillic-*).

Ted