Re: gdb-ui, dedicated windows

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: gdb-ui, dedicated windows
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 22:09:46 +0200

Tom Tromey wrote:
"David" == David Hansen <address@hidden> writes:

David> Just a bit curious, isn't it the window managers job to put the window
David> into full screen?  At least that's the way I do it.  But I don't have a
David> panel or stuff, so maybe these problems don't exits here at all.

It is nice to be able to do it programmatically as well.  AIUI, both
Gnome and KDE conform to a spec that enables this possibility for
client apps.

That is of course possible on w32 too. You tell the window manager to maximize the window. The window manager knows the correct size and position for a maximized window.