Re: adding consistent extra symbols to input methods (cyrillic-*, croati

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: adding consistent extra symbols to input methods (cyrillic-*, croatian-*, slov*, czech-* etc.) input methods
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 14:17:44 +0900

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>> > What to show in the modeline?
>>
>> All codes of active input methods separated by some character
>> like a comma.
>
> There's no space on the mode line for such long indicators.  I think
> we should rather display some special character there, meaning that
> several methods are active, and only list all of them in the tooltip
> that pops when the mouse is hovering above that indicator.

Since currently it shows a single character for the input method, how
about just appending a "+" in the case where there are others active as
well...

This presumes that one is the "main" input method, and others are
"subsidiary", but that seems likely to be true in many (most?) cases,
and it's certainly more useful than _only_ displaying a "+" or
something...

-Miles

--
Year, n. A period of three hundred and sixty-five disappointments.