Re: Choice of fonts displaying etc/HELLO

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Choice of fonts displaying etc/HELLO
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2008 13:54:55 +0900

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
> I meant would it break something if "\\cj" matched only the Katakana
> and Hiragana characters instead of what it matches today?

I don't know what it would break, but that doesn't seem like
particularly intuitive behavior.

I think emacs' concept of characters belonging to multiple language
categories is pretty neat actually.

-miles

--
People who are more than casually interested in computers should have at
least some idea of what the underlying hardware is like.  Otherwise the