Re: How to reply to bug reports

From: Don Armstrong
Subject: Re: How to reply to bug reports
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 11:17:39 -0700

On Sat, 09 Aug 2008, Bill Wohler wrote:
> As a submitter, I like to see the machinations since it shows that
> at least my report is getting attention.

In general, as a submitter you'd do this by subscribing to the bug or
otherwise indicating as such. Always sending mail makes this
non-configurable.

> Best of all is the email you get when the report is closed.

This the submitter always gets.

> Not only that, most "machinations" are requests for additional
> information from the OP or to ask them to test the CVS version.

If you want to send mail to the submitter unconditionally, mail
nnn-submitter@

Don Armstrong

--
                    EQUAL RIGHTS FOR WOMEN
Don't be teased or humiliated. See their look of surprise when you