Re: Property list key names

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Property list key names
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2008 20:52:42 +0200

Lennart Borgman (gmail) wrote:
Johan Bockgård wrote:
"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <address@hidden> writes:

Johan Bockgård wrote:
"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <address@hidden> writes:

If there for example is something like this

 (defstruct ert-stats
   (selector (assert nil)))

then a defstruct selector function `ert-stats-selector' is defined. It
would be nice to go to that function directly from the link in
describe-function', but currently the position in the file is not
found.
Indeed, defstruct should put a `definition-name' property on the names
it constructs. Like

(put 'ert-stats-selector 'definition-name 'ert-stats)
Yes, something like that. Is 'definition-name special in some way or
could/should it be something else?

Try C-h f again after adding the property above.

Hey, that is the black box game again ... ;-)

Yes, you are right, but I do not understand how it works. I guess C-h f searches the buffer for the "definition-name".

So this looks like more or less a bug.

I tried to look at defstruct to see where to add 'definition-name. There seems to be 4 uses of `defun' and `defsubst*'. Should not all this 4 be adding 'definition-name?

Here is a patch for that. Should be wrapped a bit, but it is easier seeing what I have done if it is like this. Should the (put ... 'definition-name ...) be before or after the defmacro* and defun in the code?