Re: Proposal for a new API to fullscreen

From: Ivan Kanis
Subject: Re: Proposal for a new API to fullscreen
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 07:59:16 +0200

Tom Tromey <address@hidden> writes:

> Ivan> (set-frame-parameter nil 'fullscreen 'fullboth)
>
> Ivan> However this is very ambiguous, it does fullscreen on Gnome and
> Ivan> maximise on Mac and Windows.
>
> Ivan> I propose a new API to solve the ambiguity:
> Ivan> (fullscreen-mode 1)
>
> I think it would be better to have 'fullboth mean "full screen", and
> then add a new parameter value, 'maximize, that means maximize.
> My reasoning is that really only one of these settings makes sense at
> a time, and both are useful.
>
> Tom

Hello Tom, I got a bit carried away with my patch yesterday ;) I think
your proposal is more sensible and less traumatic for users.
--
Ivan
http://kanis.fr

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not
bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
    -- Mark Twain