Re: [Emacs.app dev]: ghost cursor problem is still there

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: [Emacs.app dev]: ghost cursor problem is still there
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 11:51:31 -0400

On 21 Aug 2008, at 09:16, Adrian Robert wrote:

I can. After startup, select a row of text, click onto another application, then back. I don't know if this was there before the patch.

I checked, it was not. In addition the patch introduces the following bug: the cursor is not changed to hollow box from block when focus on the frame is taken away.

This turned out to be the same, simple to fix bug.

I have checked in a fix (the essential bit is below). Nick, let me know how that's working for you.

***************
*** 2424,2431 ****
        if (!active_p)
        {
/* inactive window: ignore what we just set and use a hollow box */
!         cursorType = hollow_box;
!         [FRAME_CURSOR_COLOR (f) set];
        }

        NSDisableScreenUpdates ();
--- 2426,2432 ----
        if (!active_p)
        {
/* inactive window: ignore what we just set and use a hollow box */
!         cursorType = HOLLOW_BOX_CURSOR;
        }

        NSDisableScreenUpdates ();