Re: Cocoa Emacs

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Re: Cocoa Emacs
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 20:16:16 -0400

On Aug 22, 2008, at 5:31 PM, Nick Roberts wrote:

A way to get the best of both worlds would be to add an ns-appdir
configure option which defaults to ./nextstep but could be set to,
e.g., /Applications.  Such an option was there before, but I took it
out during the process of simplifying the build and getting rid of the
extra compile script we used to have.  Perhaps now would be a good
time to add it back in though.

Doesn't

configure --exec-prefix=/Applications

do this?

Does it? Exec-prefix has a different meaning (where do bare binaries go, not an application package), which is why the Carbon port and I propose the NS one as well use a distinct "appdir" config option.